- Know Yourself
- The World of Work
- Tools and Skills
- Career Fairs, Seminars, & Events
- Graduate/Professional School
- Recruiting Strategies
- Career Fairs
- Post Jobs/Internships
- Seminars & Events
- On-Campus Recruiting
- About OSU Colleges & Students
- Build Your Campus Brand
- Travel to OSU
- OSU Orange Circle Sponsorship
- Employer Newsletter
- Employer FAQs
- Ecampus Students
- About Us
What should a reference page look like?
- You should have at least three references.
- Ask people before you use them as a reference.
- Provide references with a resumé and keep them informed of your progress.
- Put a heading on the reference page similar to the one on the resumé including your contact information.
- List the names, company or organization, address, and phone number of your references.
- Email addresses can also be included.
Example Reference formatting:
Ima Smartie Pants, Ph.D.
Professor of Sociology
012 Building Name
Corvallis, Oregon 97301
More information on references:
- Get the References You Need to Get the Job You Want - - What others say about you is often far more important than what you say about yourself. And that’s especially true for when you're seeking a job.