Counselors and advisors are available to help you with any career related questions. Whether you are interested in changing your major, wondering about jobs after college, or just interested in exploring your interests, our counselors are here to help. Counseling appointments typically last for an hour and you can make another appointment if you need more time.
Schedule an Appointment
- Log-in to Beaver JobNet using your ONID username and password (alumni activate your Beaver JobNet account by calling Career Services at 541-737-4085 - once activated follow these instructions to request an appointment)
- Select “Request Career Counselor Appointment” from the menu on the right side of your personal home page. Note: You are allowed 2 pending appointments at a time. You will need to wait until after one of the appointments in order to request a new one.
- Work through the three request steps to find the best match for your next appointment (see instructions below):
- Set your scheduling criteria: Choose a Counseling Type; select a counselor (Hint: choose multiple counselors for better time availability); selecting the earliest and latest appointment times is optional
- Click in the calendar to see dates and times that work best for you
- Submit your request (use Additional Notes before submitting if necessary)
- Watch your email or Beaver JobNet Calendar for confirmation **
*If you haven’t updated your Profile, you will be asked to do so before requesting an appointment
**Be sure to update your privacy settings in Beaver JobNet to Receive Email Notifications
Career Services is still always a phone call, an email or a personal visit away. Let us know what questions you have: 541-737-4085, Career.email@example.com, Kerr Administration basement level (B008)
Make your career counseling appointment with Kyle Cassady, Ecampus Career Counselor through Beaver JobNet using the appointment request instructions above. If you have questions please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-737-5420.
- After one year has passed since your graduation, there is a $20 fee for each career counseling session. Payment can be made by cash or check at the time of your visit, or in advance by credit card through OSU Marketplace (please have a copy of your receipt when checking in at the front desk).
- If you are new to Beaver JobNet and need to create an account, please contact Career Services at 541-737-4085 to receive a username and password since ONID accounts expire when you graduate.
- Log-in to Beaver JobNet using your username and password.
- First time users: you will be asked to fill in a short profile. When your profile is completed, your personal Beaver JobNet home page will appear on the screen.
- Questions - contact Career Services at 541-737-4085.
Why Career Counseling:
- Decide on a major
- Find out career options with their major
- Explore or plan careers paths
- Learn about occupations
- Find out about an industry or sector, such as construction or nonprofit
- Discuss strategies for finding jobs or internships
- Assistance with graduate school applications
- In-depth analysis of your resume and/or cover letter
- Practice and refine your interviewing skills with a mock interview appointment
Career Counselor/Advisor Profiles:
There are a variety of career counselors and advisors available to assist you. Learn more about each counselor/advisor by visiting our staff directory.